Friday, October 4, 2013

The Witch's House 1.07 is now out!

A week ago, VGPerson (translator of Ib, The Crooked Man, Mad Father, etc.,) announced on her tumblr that, after a year, Fummy has updated The Witch's House. 

The most notable aspect of this new version is a new, obscure ending. From VGPerson's tumblr:
Notable changes:
- Many of the area tiles and some other graphics are redone.
- Viola has little animations for just about everything now - opening doors, grabbing items, pushing things, etc.
- Some chases are allegedly easier, but it all seems about the same to me.
- The room with the woman statue was changed very slightly, but it all works out the same way.
- The poison room has the bottle and the Skull Soldier book out in the open, rather than hidden in shelves.
- Fummy removed the number lock puzzle several versions ago, but I finally complied with that change, since… I dunno, it was more annoying not to.
- I made some very minor translation fixes and changes.
Apparently, the new ending is not easy to find, to the point that even Fummy has not made note of it in the readme to make it even more obscure! I am very excited; The Witch's House is my second favorite RPG Maker game (which, I believe, I have made note of in the past) and if you have not played it before, I highly recommend playing it now.

In fact, it's a perfect game for October!

I plan to play through it tonight and write a review at some point in the next week. Stay tuned!

You can download The Witch's House here.

No comments:

Post a Comment